Anthem Blue Cross provides three different types of dental insurance coverage options. Each plan offers different levels of coverage. Individuals may purchase their own coverage using the Dental Blue and Enhanced options, as well as the Dental SelectHMO Select (that’s not a typo, it’s really called that) plan. Employers also may select the best coverage Anthem BlueCross offers, the Dental Prime plan.
Dental Prime offers:
- Basic to comprehensive plan options at three levels, each at different price points.
- Choice to select any area dentist.
- Free preventative services with all coverage levels.
HMO Dental Insurance Plan:
- No copayments for many services including preventive care and fillings.
- No yearly maximums for services.
- Fixed copays for orthodontic treatment and care.
- Your dentist is selected for you from the Anthem Dental Blue network.
With the Dental Blue PPO Dental Insurance Plan:
- Select one of two different coverage levels – Basic or Enhanced.
- You select the dentist of your choice.
- Receive automatic coverage for a large variety of services.
Anthem BlueCross also allows members to combine their dental plan with other health care offerings to supplement coverage.