Our team of very qualified dentists and hygienists care for your careful dental exam. This semi-annual process is essential to prevent potential complications with your teeth and gums. It incorporates the following safe processes, provided in our comfortable examination rooms:
- Examine for oral cancer, by checking the face, mouth and throat.
- Examine for gum disease, scanning the gums and bone, probing for large pockets, gaps or recession of the gums, all of which are indications of periodontal disease.
- Investigate the teeth for cavities, using the modern techniques in dentistry.
- Take and consider your annual oral x-rays and pictures to be sure that we discover any unseen decay, cysts, bone loss or tumors that could progress to painful problems or tooth loss in the future.
- Verify the worthiness of your dental restorations such as fillings, crowns and dental implants.
- Decide the essential procedures for your dental cleaning, which follows the exam.
If you have a history with anxiety from visiting a dental office, all of these procedures may be completed using oral conscious sedation so you can have a stress-free visit to the Yuba City Dentistry Group. The office of our Yuba City dentists wants you to keep in mind that a semi-annual dental exam and dental cleaning are the critical first stages in keeping your oral health and preventing dental decay.