18 Aug A Whiter Smile Just For You!
More than ever, we see photos of ourselves on our mobile devices and online. With apps like Instagram or Snapchat and sites like Facebook, both the dazzling and the unflattering photos of ourselves are posted instantly, sometimes without our permission or even realization. And when those photos go live, it’s hard not to make comparisons.
Do You Want a Better Smile?
Have you ever looked at friends’ photos and wondered why they have such bright white smiles? What’s their secret? It is true that some people naturally have whiter teeth, but most of us possess pretty ordinary teeth that become duller with age. While white teeth are considered attractive in most parts of the world, there are some things to keep in mind when you envy the bright smiles of others.
Whiter Smile Facts
- Healthy teeth come in all shades, from white to varying shades of yellow. Even if your smile is a bit yellower than some, it may not be a cause for alarm — a healthy mouth doesn’t always mean “white” teeth. Simply put, a white smile doesn’t necessarily indicate healthy teeth.
- Variations in skin tone can make some people seem to have whiter teeth.
- White teeth are not a guarantee of healthy gums, good roots and a strong jaw. Healthy teeth need a good foundation and that’s the most important thing!
- Certain foods and beverages — like tea, coffee, curries and blueberries — stain healthy teeth and make it harder to have a white smile.
- If you wear lipstick, the shade you choose could make your teeth appear yellower. Warmer tones like red-oranges, browns and tans do not help to make teeth look white. Cooler colors like pink, burgundy and blue-reds will make your smile look much whiter and brighter!
- Speaking of makeup, evening out any ruddy tones in your complexion can make a big difference in how your teeth appear, so choosing the right foundation is important.
Have a Whiter Smile!
At the Yuba City Dentistry Group, our most important priority is giving you a healthy smile — one that feels great and keeps your life enjoyable. Our dentists can also help you have the beautiful white smile you’ve been hoping for with professional in-office tooth whitening. We use the latest techniques to take your smile from dull to bright with a one-time, in-office tooth whitening procedure. For more severe cases, perhaps from chipped teeth, we offer complete smile makeovers with a variety of porcelain veneers. So if you want to find out more about whitening your teeth, make an appointment for brightening up your smile at the Yuba City Dentistry Group!